After walking around the magazine isle, I found that one magazine that fit my future was GQ. I felt that this magazine fit me most because I want to be fancy and in future be a business man who wears suits around, so I always look nice. Also all the guys in it looked very sophisticated, which is another look I want to fulfill. Most of the advertisements are for high end clothes or other very expensive products that cost way more money than I have ever had. Those are my future aspirations. All of the pictures in the magazine are very elegant and the models who are posing in this magazine look like they are worth a million bucks.
Another magazine I found to be intriguing was Men's Health. Not going to lie but what got my attention was when Drew Brees was on the cover. I wouldn't have looked at it with anyone else since I probably wouldn't have noticed it. But after flipping through the pages I noticed the ways to be health and which ones they recommended to people. All the advertisements were of healthy food or other healthy things for the body. Then the pictures were of fit guys or girls, which is what I want to look like when I get older. I don't wanna be that father that's overweight with a beer gut.
Then the Automobile magazine was appealing to me because I love cars. I have always been into cars since I was little and even to this day I love looking at cars. Plus I want to drive one of those cars when I get older because I am going to have a lot of money and drive an expensive car. All the advertisements were about car parts that they think that would improve your car or to make it nicer, and all the pictures were of really nice cars that I would love to have.
Finally the last magazine that caught my attention was Esquire. The dude on the front cover looked like a badass. He had a lit cigarette in his hand with a very sophisticated look. Then the advertisements were basically the same as GQ, I swear that I saw the same clothing advertisements and cologne advertisements. If I didn't see the cover I couldn't tell which one is which, so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. But, when I saw this magazine it reminded me of the same aspirations as GQ.
Funny that you mention the similarities between GQ and Esquire. They target the same audience, and share the same purpose; they're almost inter-changeable, really...Good observation.
ReplyDelete--NH